I am embarrassed. Some years ago, actually 1986 I was failing. I mentioned it in the video on the website. I never felt so worthless as I did then.
It is what caused me to dedicate the past 25 years to acquire an in-depth knowledge of marketing – marketing that saved my butt.
At the time, I would not have been able to write a sentence to answer each of the questions in this little quiz, let alone write several paragraphs or a page to answer each. The answers to these questions are what you need to know about your business.
Okay, so it is a quiz. There is no scoring other than the money you bring in. We are not out here watching how you do. The answers are for you to know.
1. What is your business plan? (I probably should ask, “Do you have a business plan?”
2. How do you acquire new customers now?
3. What is your sales process?
4. Specifically, what do you deliver to your customers above and beyond what your competitors deliver?
5. How do you keep in touch with your current customers?
6. What’s your most valuable/profitable merchandise, product or service?
7. What causes you the most aggravation or frustration?
8. If you already have a website and/or email marketing strategy, how is it working?
9. Where do you want your business to be in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years from now?
10. When you acquire a new customer, what is the average amount they will spend during the time (years) they are your customer?
11. What is the profile of your “Ideal Customer”?
12. Do you have a marketing budget? What is your ROAS (Return on Ad Spend)?
How do you want your business to be? Picture it in your mind.
And “git to writen’.”